Thoughts on Plato's Quote on Love
Been thinking for some days on what Plato said,
'At the touch of love, every man becomes a poet'.
What about a woman? I know how a touch of love,
Sometimes real and sometimes wishfully fancied,
Makes a woman feel like a princess. She fancies her
Prince Charming, his 'gossamer shroud of gentle love'.
Her pen keeps laying pearl like poetry as if like eggs,
Then they hatch on them, like birds sharing the chore.
What is 'a touch of love'? A touch of nature that tinges
The mind? Holding hands, listening to a maiden's story,
Looking at her beaming eyes? Feel like building a nest
While looking at birds in flight, flying to the nest at dusk?
A touch of nature's love fall as rain and rejuvenate the
Parched vegetation. Half dried rivers and canals get a new
Lease of life. A touch of a woman's love makes a man feel
Its tide not 'as a passing fancy, but a feeling he would live by'.
His rainbow mind sees colors of his choice, all around, as he
Discovers anew the beauty of this mundane world. Looks at
The nature with bemused eyes and appreciates. Modern and
Country songs and the classical music and poetry, all become
His favored pastime overnight. He looks at the ear of his
Woman and sees a waving flower in her hanging ear rings.
Suddenly he becomes a great story teller, a great listener,
Sharing poetry of their life, clasping hands in moonlit strolls.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
24 March 2014
Comments about this poem (Thoughts on Plato's Quote on Love by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)