Unknown spirit is at home,
It goes by me, it is alone,
It wants to make my hand to write,
When we should sleep at darkly night.
I don`t afraid because I know
That changing life is always slow.
I want to sleep, but my hand not
I`m reading words that ever wrote.
I see the spirit with my eyes,
I cannot know him, recognize.
With golden hair, loud voice…
I should just write I have no choice.
He says that i am born to write
About heart of angels` side,
About lonely people`s souls
Through darkness passing with the goals.
I`ll be so famous with my heart
If stay with spirit and be smart,
If go with him until the end,
He`ll give me love and trusty send.
The spirit says that he won`t go,
Because I need him anymore,
Because he helps when I am sad,
He is my mind, he is my bread.
And I should write day after day,
But don`t believe what people say
About future in my mind,
Because the happiness I`ll find.
Because I hear the spirit`s voice,
And a have said I had no choice.
And if I don`t write this at ones,
I never lose my soul chance.
The spirit said he would not wait,
If I did not he always made.
Because my dream was just to write…
And I should do at darkly night…
Ekaterina Polischuk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Spirit by Ekaterina Polischuk )
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
- An Open Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.54, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.53, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)