Ace Of Black Hearts
The Silent Slaughter
The unending slaughter.
Mothers and daughters without faces.
No I can't see them but it doesn't make them any less real.
Can we as human beings not hear there unending screams.
Feeding the war.
Arms for profit.
Sacrifice, bodies do lay.
At our feet.
At our gates.
The evil hearts of men.
Swearing to the march to freedom.
But oppressing others for the noble cause.
Salt to the wound.
Oh how it stings.
Knowing not what we really have done.
Hiding like hermits.
Knights of the darkness.
Training for enslavement.
Giving orders to kill civilians.
Then we claim to be the good guys.
The greater good, but where do we draw the line?
How do justify it.
How do we look in the mirror and not see ourselves as monsters.
Evil red beast with wings.
Blood lust, and pure greed.
All for forgotten words written on a piece paper.
That our laws no longer recognize.
What makes us any better?
Then those we massacre.
Then those we slaughter.
How many lives have we truly saved.
The idea peace, only if benefits us nobody else.
I'm sorry but I just don't accept that selfishness.
Patriotic is just not convincing me.
A given duty, a given loyalty.
Paid to hide our dirty laundry.
He's among us as much as he is dead.
We protect him, we give him cause.
We provide him with food and shelter everyday.
We make it so it's okay.
Under veil secrecy, the truth considered treason.
Marked for death, come on whose next.
Stand up, we need more heroes.
Feed the resistance.
Speak out, let them know you can't just shut you up.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Silent Slaughter by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '부산오피대박'…'부천휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Baat toh itni si…., Priyanka Nayak
- Missing You, Priyanka Nayak
- On The Death Of Ella Fitzgerald, Shalom Freedman
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Malala Yousafzai, Jahan zaib
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)