Ace Of Black Hearts
The Silent Slaughter
The unending slaughter.
Mothers and daughters without faces.
No I can't see them but it doesn't make them any less real.
Can we as human beings not hear there unending screams.
Feeding the war.
Arms for profit.
Sacrifice, bodies do lay.
At our feet.
At our gates.
The evil hearts of men.
Swearing to the march to freedom.
But oppressing others for the noble cause.
Salt to the wound.
Oh how it stings.
Knowing not what we really have done.
Hiding like hermits.
Knights of the darkness.
Training for enslavement.
Giving orders to kill civilians.
Then we claim to be the good guys.
The greater good, but where do we draw the line?
How do justify it.
How do we look in the mirror and not see ourselves as monsters.
Evil red beast with wings.
Blood lust, and pure greed.
All for forgotten words written on a piece paper.
That our laws no longer recognize.
What makes us any better?
Then those we massacre.
Then those we slaughter.
How many lives have we truly saved.
The idea peace, only if benefits us nobody else.
I'm sorry but I just don't accept that selfishness.
Patriotic is just not convincing me.
A given duty, a given loyalty.
Paid to hide our dirty laundry.
He's among us as much as he is dead.
We protect him, we give him cause.
We provide him with food and shelter everyday.
We make it so it's okay.
Under veil secrecy, the truth considered treason.
Marked for death, come on whose next.
Stand up, we need more heroes.
Feed the resistance.
Speak out, let them know you can't just shut you up.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Silent Slaughter by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn