The Love You're Putting In
Keep the gaggle of friends you choose,
all bundled for the night.
Think not the precious things you lose.
Not chose those friendlies right.
And now the loving words have changed;
replaced by common threat.
Seek ye live your life to wrong
gaze back to where you're at.
No hope for you to walk to long
down narrow passage ways.
And hope so deep with-in your heart
or dream the day he stays.
It's not all that you get from him
that marks the race is won.
It's all the love you're putting in
That keeps him there til dawn.
The Poetaster Jul/2013
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Love You're Putting In by Thomas Adams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- X MAS, Tiku akp
- Interlude Of Justice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra