The Love You're Putting In
Keep the gaggle of friends you choose,
all bundled for the night.
Think not the precious things you lose.
Not chose those friendlies right.
And now the loving words have changed;
replaced by common threat.
Seek ye live your life to wrong
gaze back to where you're at.
No hope for you to walk to long
down narrow passage ways.
And hope so deep with-in your heart
or dream the day he stays.
It's not all that you get from him
that marks the race is won.
It's all the love you're putting in
That keeps him there til dawn.
The Poetaster Jul/2013
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Love You're Putting In by Thomas Adams )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)