The Love You're Putting In
Keep the gaggle of friends you choose,
all bundled for the night.
Think not the precious things you lose.
Not chose those friendlies right.
And now the loving words have changed;
replaced by common threat.
Seek ye live your life to wrong
gaze back to where you're at.
No hope for you to walk to long
down narrow passage ways.
And hope so deep with-in your heart
or dream the day he stays.
It's not all that you get from him
that marks the race is won.
It's all the love you're putting in
That keeps him there til dawn.
The Poetaster Jul/2013
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Love You're Putting In by Thomas Adams )
- I am turning, Aftab Alam
- The Creator is beyond, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Warmth (In Your Arms), Michael McParland
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)