A Gusty Windy Breeze
When all day has set itself right back to sweet design,
and all the sounds that have me thin return to silent time;
I sit alone and listen for an answer to my prayer.
I'll peel away the after thoughts of layer after layer.
I focus on a time gone by I thought 'I won't forget.'
And proved my point with memories remembered bit by bit.
I slave each day a sifting through each hour until now.
I'll find the time I'm searching for and turn to you and bow.
There's nothing like a winter breeze assisting with your thought.
And summer breeze is thoughtful too, we like it yes or not.
Save one; a gusty windy breeze that tests the tallest man.
and now that breeze is at its end, amazing, there you stand.
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Poetaster Aug/2013
Comments about this poem (A Gusty Windy Breeze by Thomas Adams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- My mother died today, Tammy Ashton
- A New Life, Toshie Nohara