A Gusty Windy Breeze
When all day has set itself right back to sweet design,
and all the sounds that have me thin return to silent time;
I sit alone and listen for an answer to my prayer.
I'll peel away the after thoughts of layer after layer.
I focus on a time gone by I thought 'I won't forget.'
And proved my point with memories remembered bit by bit.
I slave each day a sifting through each hour until now.
I'll find the time I'm searching for and turn to you and bow.
There's nothing like a winter breeze assisting with your thought.
And summer breeze is thoughtful too, we like it yes or not.
Save one; a gusty windy breeze that tests the tallest man.
and now that breeze is at its end, amazing, there you stand.
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Poetaster Aug/2013
Comments about this poem (A Gusty Windy Breeze by Thomas Adams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu