A Moments Note
I feel that when I'm at a place,
hear a tune or smell a smell.
The feeling that I've been before
is my moment in time to tell.
The strangest chill comes over me
and I am taken back.
To that exact same place before.
On down familiar track.
This burst of 'rude awakening'
will chime and then will flee.
Yet grips me for a moments note,
a memory's shopping spree.
The faces and the things I did
are remembered just like that.
How I would run or talk to you,
or exactly how I sat.
I feel befuddled and mixed a bit,
but soon it goes away.
I mention it to you my friend
for I felt it just today.
We stood beside the station love,
the noisy train a halt.
You turned to wave goodbye and then
you said twas no ones fault.
That you would go and I should stay
for task left me to do.
When I was done you promised me
that I'd be seeing you.
forty years has now gone by
and I've not seen or heard,
from you my closest, dearest friend.
nor mere a word referred.
But time respects the confidant.
allows a bloke to gloat.
I hope that time again will grant
me grip your moment's note.
The Poetaster Jun/1999
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moments Note by Thomas Adams )
- The Jackalope Man Migrates, Bruce Larkin
- Wally the Warlock's Cauldron, Bruce Larkin
- Out of race, hasmukh amathalal
- Phoenix, Sujeet Kumar Vishwakarma
- आनजादनि आर'ज, Ronjoy Brahma
- Open Sky, gajanan mishra
- baskers two, Cee Bea
- Wonder Of A Child, Philo Yan
- Mother Is There, gajanan mishra
- Fake Arrival, Satish Verma
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns