A Moments Note
I feel that when I'm at a place,
hear a tune or smell a smell.
The feeling that I've been before
is my moment in time to tell.
The strangest chill comes over me
and I am taken back.
To that exact same place before.
On down familiar track.
This burst of 'rude awakening'
will chime and then will flee.
Yet grips me for a moments note,
a memory's shopping spree.
The faces and the things I did
are remembered just like that.
How I would run or talk to you,
or exactly how I sat.
I feel befuddled and mixed a bit,
but soon it goes away.
I mention it to you my friend
for I felt it just today.
We stood beside the station love,
the noisy train a halt.
You turned to wave goodbye and then
you said twas no ones fault.
That you would go and I should stay
for task left me to do.
When I was done you promised me
that I'd be seeing you.
forty years has now gone by
and I've not seen or heard,
from you my closest, dearest friend.
nor mere a word referred.
But time respects the confidant.
allows a bloke to gloat.
I hope that time again will grant
me grip your moment's note.
The Poetaster Jun/1999
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moments Note by Thomas Adams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sarakara aapananka dwarare, gajanan mishra
- Man: A proud species, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- ONly needed, hasmukh amathalal
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams
- Releasing Sorrow's Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Let world be aware, hasmukh amathalal
- As She Wrought, Darlene Walsh
- When A Man Offers His Heart, Lora Colon