A Moments Note
I feel that when I'm at a place,
hear a tune or smell a smell.
The feeling that I've been before
is my moment in time to tell.
The strangest chill comes over me
and I am taken back.
To that exact same place before.
On down familiar track.
This burst of 'rude awakening'
will chime and then will flee.
Yet grips me for a moments note,
a memory's shopping spree.
The faces and the things I did
are remembered just like that.
How I would run or talk to you,
or exactly how I sat.
I feel befuddled and mixed a bit,
but soon it goes away.
I mention it to you my friend
for I felt it just today.
We stood beside the station love,
the noisy train a halt.
You turned to wave goodbye and then
you said twas no ones fault.
That you would go and I should stay
for task left me to do.
When I was done you promised me
that I'd be seeing you.
forty years has now gone by
and I've not seen or heard,
from you my closest, dearest friend.
nor mere a word referred.
But time respects the confidant.
allows a bloke to gloat.
I hope that time again will grant
me grip your moment's note.
The Poetaster Jun/1999
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moments Note by Thomas Adams )
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns