The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse 4 Death
I am Death!
I shall kiss
Each and every one of you!
You think you know me
I know you fear me.
I am the sweeper
The keeper of your time!
My brothers come before me
They'll take your world apart.
They decide your ending
They bring another start.
We gave you all the choices
To protect this blessed land.
And what you did was rape it
Turning verdant into sand.
Well, I reaped your Adams
I collected Eve.
And I shall reap all your poor souls
Now, will you believe?
Listen for the beating wings
The black crows that I send.
Then understand, you mortals
The message, I portend.
For this, I now can tell you
For you, it is too late
I am here to reap your souls
And seal your final fate!
And when you've departed
We shall start anew
The beasts and birds and fishes
Replacing each of you!
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse 4 Death by Owain Glyn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In The Depths of Solitude, Tupac Shakur
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The fate, gajanan mishra
- Five Cherry Blossoms To Despair., Martin Engstrom
- Depths Of Truth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are not allowed to walk, gajanan mishra
- If you want success, gajanan mishra
- Global Mother Sarada, Tushar Ray
- Plateau Of Relief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Candles, Leong Ming Loong
- Realtor - Twas the Month Before Christmas, Tim Halladay
- Freedome Of Interior Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak