The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 3 Famine
I sit behind my brothers
I am Famine!
You have had your chances
Now you shall reap your rewards! !
I'll take this green and verdant land
And turn it all to sand.
I'll kill the fish within the seas
destroy your livestock, with disease.
I'll leave you only rats to eat
And then, when you think you're replete
I'll kill each rat, and yes, each mother,
Leaving you to eat each other!
Then, when only one is left
Humanity will be bereft.
But hear this now, and hear it well
I am the harbinger of hell! !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 3 Famine by Owain Glyn )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)