The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 3 Famine
I sit behind my brothers
I am Famine!
You have had your chances
Now you shall reap your rewards! !
I'll take this green and verdant land
And turn it all to sand.
I'll kill the fish within the seas
destroy your livestock, with disease.
I'll leave you only rats to eat
And then, when you think you're replete
I'll kill each rat, and yes, each mother,
Leaving you to eat each other!
Then, when only one is left
Humanity will be bereft.
But hear this now, and hear it well
I am the harbinger of hell! !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 3 Famine by Owain Glyn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- End of my life, tulip mayer
- The Republic, Vincent Barrowcliffe
- To Much Rain, Phil Soar
- Darlene comes in you, Dwitun Basumatary
- Call Bridge, Dwitun Basumatary
- unsaid feelings, tulip mayer
- Earth, Robert Ronnow
- Way home on a Train, Dwitun Basumatary
- Our House In Winter, Tony Adah
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary