Among The Stars
When I have gone, please do not cry,
Shed not a single tear.
Do not ask the question, why?
Or harbor any fear.
For I shall soar, above the clouds,
And tread the Milky Way.
Cast off these tiresome earthly shrouds,
Among the stars to play.
These jewels that light up the sky,
Shall be my resting place.
With silken wings, I'll learn to fly,
A smile upon my face.
The only legacy I leave,
Are these few words I write,
So, please, I beg you, do not grieve,
I go to join the light.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Among The Stars by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher