Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
The Effectiveness Of Fear and Threats
The producing to introduce fear,
Only unleashes conflicts to chase.
To then hide in separate divisions.
With a uselessness of comparisons,
Based upon religious beliefs and intelligence...
Between color, class and someone's race.
The effectiveness of fear and threats,
Has already been witnessed...
To heights of implemented ignorance.
Assisted by a lack of discipline.
And disrespect invested in regret.
How foolish can fools prove they can get?
To eliminate the existence of this,
Has to be a consciousness that's aware of it.
With a determination to self examine,
Self reflect and not find excuses...
To first seek reasons to be offended,
By the presence of truth left to leave suspected...
Because the honesty of it is not politically correct.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.