The Bright Student
There were students two
Who were bright equally
The master ‘s idea was to
Ascertain the one who shone brightly.
Before them he placed
Two big bottles empty
Queried to what they cased
And to answer immediately.
One student instantly said
That there was nothing in it
But the other thoughtfully said
That air was cased in it.
The master on his tract
Said to the second student
“I want you to extract
From the bottle, the air present.”
The student was for a moment dazed
Then thought for a while deeply
At the bottle he intently gazed
And in a trice decided aptly.
A jar of water he brought
And into it he poured
The filled in air was upshot
And with glee his heart soared.
The master was immensely satisfied
While the other student stood stupefied!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bright Student by chandra thiagarajan )
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy