Gain In Pain
I fall a prey to great affliction,
Undergo sufferance with botheration.
Why should I undergo pain and fret?
Why should I twitching heartache get?
Why should I undergo this distress?
Why should I have this unhappiness?
I stumble to interpret and expound,
I am helpless to unravel and come around!
In God's wonderful and glorious creation,
There is nothing whatever without reason!
'Oh! God! Why have you thrown me over-board?
Oh! God! Why am I saddled with such a load? '
'Oh! Ye man, when life is trying and troublesome,
Difficult, with misery, formidable and toilsome;
With worry, trials and tribulations,
You are made tough to get invigoration;
You gather spirit, strength and tenacity,
You become chaste, pure with sublimity;
Distress gives you the grit and determination,
To overcome the bitterness in the situation;
With sufferance you learn endurance,
You engender enthusiasm and tolerance;
With pain you restrain and gain wisdom,
You are seasoned, cohesive and solemn;
With affliction you beget verve and inspiration,
You become deeply profound with beatification! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gain In Pain by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- par, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Wind Has Caught The Tattered Rainbow.., mary douglas
- Budding Artists In a Tempera Grove Play .., mary douglas
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki
- Chair, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas