A Successful Woman
When a man wishes to enter the wedding altar,
He chooses to have a traditional wife
Who cooks, cleans and is submissive without strife.
When he is unable to make both ends meet,
His pecuniary condition becomes his grouse,
And he sends for employment his spouse.
To the family ‘s income streams—she adds,
And with the finances now more secure,
A part he saves, and a house, he does procure.
She is better exposed to the world,
And has knowledge to discuss with her husband
About the investments in the best fund.
The children are no more molly coddled,
They become spirited and independent,
And learn to be more brave and confident.
She takes the home and country forward,,
By fulfilling her dual roles' obligation,
And is a successful woman with soul satisfaction.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Successful Woman by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rattling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Half moon, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hand That moves round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round and round The nymph Danced, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana
- Wild night birds, Emmanuel George Cefai