A Successful Woman
When a man wishes to enter the wedding altar,
He chooses to have a traditional wife
Who cooks, cleans and is submissive without strife.
When he is unable to make both ends meet,
His pecuniary condition becomes his grouse,
And he sends for employment his spouse.
To the family ‘s income streams—she adds,
And with the finances now more secure,
A part he saves, and a house, he does procure.
She is better exposed to the world,
And has knowledge to discuss with her husband
About the investments in the best fund.
The children are no more molly coddled,
They become spirited and independent,
And learn to be more brave and confident.
She takes the home and country forward,,
By fulfilling her dual roles' obligation,
And is a successful woman with soul satisfaction.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Successful Woman by chandra thiagarajan )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz