Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
The Agenda Will Remain As It Is
Anyone believing my creativity,
I do not take seriously...
Would have to take the 61 years,
Of my active and documented participation...
To show me 'where' this evidence,
Has NOT been proven.
Time to waste to convince...
Is not within the elements of my expertise.
If it is claimed,
That within those 61 years of my affiliation to be active...
In a 'declared' participation has not brought to me,
A profit I could pocket?
There is no argument I have about that.
Many have died to 'thrive' after life.
I have had many heated debates,
With those who believe my efforts should 'feed' them.
And this to them I can only say...
They will just have to wait until God provides that directive.
And God and I have been 'tight' for 66 years.
The agenda will remain as it is.
Until God sees fit,
To shower me with trinkets from 'His' Kingdom.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.