Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Agenda Will Remain As It Is
Anyone believing my creativity,
I do not take seriously...
Would have to take the 61 years,
Of my active and documented participation...
To show me 'where' this evidence,
Has NOT been proven.
Time to waste to convince...
Is not within the elements of my expertise.
If it is claimed,
That within those 61 years of my affiliation to be active...
In a 'declared' participation has not brought to me,
A profit I could pocket?
There is no argument I have about that.
Many have died to 'thrive' after life.
I have had many heated debates,
With those who believe my efforts should 'feed' them.
And this to them I can only say...
They will just have to wait until God provides that directive.
And God and I have been 'tight' for 66 years.
The agenda will remain as it is.
Until God sees fit,
To shower me with trinkets from 'His' Kingdom.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Agenda Will Remain As It Is by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
- Lovely Polly Stewart, Robert Burns
- Rantin, Rovin Robin, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)