Lawrence S. Pertillar
The Agenda Will Remain As It Is
Anyone believing my creativity,
I do not take seriously...
Would have to take the 61 years,
Of my active and documented participation...
To show me 'where' this evidence,
Has NOT been proven.
Time to waste to convince...
Is not within the elements of my expertise.
If it is claimed,
That within those 61 years of my affiliation to be active...
In a 'declared' participation has not brought to me,
A profit I could pocket?
There is no argument I have about that.
Many have died to 'thrive' after life.
I have had many heated debates,
With those who believe my efforts should 'feed' them.
And this to them I can only say...
They will just have to wait until God provides that directive.
And God and I have been 'tight' for 66 years.
The agenda will remain as it is.
Until God sees fit,
To shower me with trinkets from 'His' Kingdom.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Agenda Will Remain As It Is by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Song, Blessing Ekpe
- Everyone Asks, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fools Game, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Dragons Of The Night, David Harris
- Spread Some Love, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- True Romance, Electric Lady
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- This is Just to Say, William Carlos Williams
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(5 November 1494 – 19 January 1576)