As strangers we meet again,
So far apart,
Battling our devilish memories,
We try to forget the nightmares.
Stoned we are,
When our eyes meet,
Our hearts poisoned with deceit.
As strangers we stare,
Our eyes meeting,
The hate trying to escape,
From our cloaked souls,
So drenched in this fog of misery we are,
We have forgot to live,
We are dead inside,
But the stench no one notices.
Sometimes we pass too closely,
And we flinch from touch,
The same old disgust evident in our gazes,
Heart ache breeding distrust.
What are we?
Demons afraid of dark?
Or just mortals missing our spark?
Strangers we are,
On verge of departure,
Still our eyes meet a last time,
Tendrils of recognition unfurl,
But we turn around,
Ignore each other,
And go away as strangers………………………….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strangers by Lucifera Santez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma