As strangers we meet again,
So far apart,
Battling our devilish memories,
We try to forget the nightmares.
Stoned we are,
When our eyes meet,
Our hearts poisoned with deceit.
As strangers we stare,
Our eyes meeting,
The hate trying to escape,
From our cloaked souls,
So drenched in this fog of misery we are,
We have forgot to live,
We are dead inside,
But the stench no one notices.
Sometimes we pass too closely,
And we flinch from touch,
The same old disgust evident in our gazes,
Heart ache breeding distrust.
What are we?
Demons afraid of dark?
Or just mortals missing our spark?
Strangers we are,
On verge of departure,
Still our eyes meet a last time,
Tendrils of recognition unfurl,
But we turn around,
Ignore each other,
And go away as strangers………………………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strangers by Lucifera Santez )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal