As strangers we meet again,
So far apart,
Battling our devilish memories,
We try to forget the nightmares.
Stoned we are,
When our eyes meet,
Our hearts poisoned with deceit.
As strangers we stare,
Our eyes meeting,
The hate trying to escape,
From our cloaked souls,
So drenched in this fog of misery we are,
We have forgot to live,
We are dead inside,
But the stench no one notices.
Sometimes we pass too closely,
And we flinch from touch,
The same old disgust evident in our gazes,
Heart ache breeding distrust.
What are we?
Demons afraid of dark?
Or just mortals missing our spark?
Strangers we are,
On verge of departure,
Still our eyes meet a last time,
Tendrils of recognition unfurl,
But we turn around,
Ignore each other,
And go away as strangers………………………….
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strangers by Lucifera Santez )
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
- Seed Of Sin, George Egba
- Nissim, You Saw The Indian Patriot And S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rules, gajanan mishra
- Alan Jay Lerner, Saiom Shriver
- A retrospect, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)