I know that I'm not perfect
My flaws have caused you strife
But what if I could change for you
And be like a Stepford wife.
I'd change my image so that my looks
Would not be a horrid eye sore
Be a Barbie doll brought to life
Who could ask for anything more?
I'd keep my thoughts so vivid and free
To myself and never speak
I'd listen and agree to everything you say
I must be shy and meek.
Whatever you want I'd do for you
I know where my place should be
Either cooking or cleaning or obeying your commands
The Stepford life for me.
You can tell everyone I'm your Stepford girl
Something too good to be true
And although the change would make me unhappy
I'd do it so I wouldn't lose you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stepford by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas