Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili
It always tears of water drop
that frost the heart,
like a froze rose petal at winter,
So the goodbye comes quickly.
Going to miss you in hush tone,
We whisper faintly
Under majestic silver moon light
As we path quietly.
In rhythm of laughter we've danced,
teased, gazed and smiled at each other
like loving doves in Celestial Empire,
making the stars and clouds jealous.
Am spellbound by comfort
And overwhelming gratitude,
That has eluded my being
Only by been with you.
Wish the day never grows old,
So i will sit watching your comely posture
And ur chaste smile,
Like portrait of 'Mona Lisa'.
Precious moment, ends too shortly
Like sweet wine served
At irish cocktail,
And quickly it runs out.
Left with memories after painful goodbye,
As i stroll down the quiet street,
When next will our meetn be?
I ponder deep within...
Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Simply Amazing by Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)