Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili
It always tears of water drop
that frost the heart,
like a froze rose petal at winter,
So the goodbye comes quickly.
Going to miss you in hush tone,
We whisper faintly
Under majestic silver moon light
As we path quietly.
In rhythm of laughter we've danced,
teased, gazed and smiled at each other
like loving doves in Celestial Empire,
making the stars and clouds jealous.
Am spellbound by comfort
And overwhelming gratitude,
That has eluded my being
Only by been with you.
Wish the day never grows old,
So i will sit watching your comely posture
And ur chaste smile,
Like portrait of 'Mona Lisa'.
Precious moment, ends too shortly
Like sweet wine served
At irish cocktail,
And quickly it runs out.
Left with memories after painful goodbye,
As i stroll down the quiet street,
When next will our meetn be?
I ponder deep within...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Simply Amazing by Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer