Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili
It always tears of water drop
that frost the heart,
like a froze rose petal at winter,
So the goodbye comes quickly.
Going to miss you in hush tone,
We whisper faintly
Under majestic silver moon light
As we path quietly.
In rhythm of laughter we've danced,
teased, gazed and smiled at each other
like loving doves in Celestial Empire,
making the stars and clouds jealous.
Am spellbound by comfort
And overwhelming gratitude,
That has eluded my being
Only by been with you.
Wish the day never grows old,
So i will sit watching your comely posture
And ur chaste smile,
Like portrait of 'Mona Lisa'.
Precious moment, ends too shortly
Like sweet wine served
At irish cocktail,
And quickly it runs out.
Left with memories after painful goodbye,
As i stroll down the quiet street,
When next will our meetn be?
I ponder deep within...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Simply Amazing by Jacob Okhuelegbe Ukokobili )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- To Neilburg, Trevor Toews
- The New Norm, Michelle Dragonfly
- Context, Trevor Toews
- Love Stoned, Electric Lady
- The Guardian, Trevor Toews
- 'I Love You, I Love You.', Michelle Dragonfly
- Screams In The Dark, Michelle Dragonfly
- Christmas Haiku, Mr. Nobody
- Problems, Michelle Dragonfly
- Busy, Michelle Dragonfly