Julie A Smith
Shy Girl 2
The shy girl ponders
dating, love, and romance.
Guys like modern girls who are forward,
and seldom give old-fashioned girls a chance.
The shy girl tries to be modest in her attire.
She also strongly desires guys who initiate,
but guys don't initiate or only initiate with other girls,
crushing her hopes of finding true love and a great guy to date.
The shy girl has reached out her heart
only to be misunderstood.
Her heart is tired of aching.
She is tired of hearing only silence; tis a sign not good.
The shy girl wonders about online dating.
It has worked well for many amazing women she knows
and perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.
Is it better than being lovelorn and hurting from rejections blows?
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shy Girl 2 by Julie A Smith )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy
- The Gatekeeper part 1 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- For Jennifer, Gilbert Ortega
- Gilded Thorns, Gilbert Ortega
- Journey of death, ramesh rai
- Green cypress hills…, Mark Heathcote
- Ο χορός των Ερινύων, Elena Ioannou