Julie A Smith
Shy Girl 2
The shy girl ponders
dating, love, and romance.
Guys like modern girls who are forward,
and seldom give old-fashioned girls a chance.
The shy girl tries to be modest in her attire.
She also strongly desires guys who initiate,
but guys don't initiate or only initiate with other girls,
crushing her hopes of finding true love and a great guy to date.
The shy girl has reached out her heart
only to be misunderstood.
Her heart is tired of aching.
She is tired of hearing only silence; tis a sign not good.
The shy girl wonders about online dating.
It has worked well for many amazing women she knows
and perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.
Is it better than being lovelorn and hurting from rejections blows?
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shy Girl 2 by Julie A Smith )
- Not a Drop of Anger Can Exist, Mr. Nobody
- Walking With The Master, Heather Burns
- O night, you have so much beauty really, gajanan mishra
- Passage for, hasmukh amathalal
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)