Julie A Smith
Shy Girl 2
The shy girl ponders
dating, love, and romance.
Guys like modern girls who are forward,
and seldom give old-fashioned girls a chance.
The shy girl tries to be modest in her attire.
She also strongly desires guys who initiate,
but guys don't initiate or only initiate with other girls,
crushing her hopes of finding true love and a great guy to date.
The shy girl has reached out her heart
only to be misunderstood.
Her heart is tired of aching.
She is tired of hearing only silence; tis a sign not good.
The shy girl wonders about online dating.
It has worked well for many amazing women she knows
and perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.
Is it better than being lovelorn and hurting from rejections blows?
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shy Girl 2 by Julie A Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries