Julie A Smith
Julie A Smith Poems
- Mud On My Shoe (A Poem About R... I walk alone. Sometimes...
- Hopeful Girl The hopeful girl stares down at the blank ...
- Shy Boy The boy no one notices because he will not cause...
- A Beautiful Flow She is searching for a beautiful flow. Two...
- Social Justice Girl She is passionate about fairness and ...
- Shy Girl The shy girl smiles. She ponders and does muse why...
- So Not Perfect Just heard a song on the radio a girl singing...
I am a new fan of the poet Pablo Neruda, and an internet search for his poetry led me to poemhunter.com. I have always enjoyed both creative writing and inspirational writing. I am currently re-embracing my poetic side. My poetic bent leans to poems about love, rejection, heartache, and feelings of being constantly overlooked. I also enjoy writing about faith, hope, and God. I believe in love ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Julie A Smith
Mud On My Shoe (A Poem About Regret)
I walk alone.
Sometimes the day is sunny.
Sometimes the day is cloudy.
Thunderstorms loom and threaten.
But, alas, there is no umbrella
to shield me
and to shield
the turbulent storm in my heart.
The dismal weather matches my fluctuating mood
of melancholy and regret.
The puddle looms but I don't see it.
Am I weary rose-colored glasses?
Sometimes a girl can only see a puddle
when she is already in it.
Such is life. Such is love. Such is heartache.
Mud clings to my shoe.
Bitter and ...