Julie A Smith
The hopeful girl stares down at the blank page
and ponders the fresh promise of a new year.
Sometimes, like a bird, she needs to soar out of her cage,
and stop being afraid of the unknown fear.
The hopeful girl jots down some poetry
as she ponders her resolutions of the new year.
She wants to embrace life, love, and be free,
and desires lasting love to draw near.
The hopeful girl seeks fresh dreams,
passion, purpose, love, faith, and renewal.
Seeking the tarnish to rub off of her hurt and scarred seams,
her hidden desire is to shine like a beautiful, pure jewel.
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hopeful Girl by Julie A Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson
- The seat divine sees monarchy renew, Keith Johnson