Julie A Smith
The hopeful girl stares down at the blank page
and ponders the fresh promise of a new year.
Sometimes, like a bird, she needs to soar out of her cage,
and stop being afraid of the unknown fear.
The hopeful girl jots down some poetry
as she ponders her resolutions of the new year.
She wants to embrace life, love, and be free,
and desires lasting love to draw near.
The hopeful girl seeks fresh dreams,
passion, purpose, love, faith, and renewal.
Seeking the tarnish to rub off of her hurt and scarred seams,
her hidden desire is to shine like a beautiful, pure jewel.
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hopeful Girl by Julie A Smith )
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai