RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Watching you walk down a pathway of darkness, creating a
prison for yourself, that I will not let you live in.
Wanting you only to be free and independent, not strapped
down by sorrow.
There are no rules to grief, you are thinking too much
under covers of loneliness, I too, do the same thing at
times, so I know.
Thinking and remembering as much as you'd like, but you
must be free to do it and right now you are shackled like
It's making your love be filled with only emptiness and
You need to be free of those things in order to celebrate
the love and life you had together.
The way you are going is painting a picture of your love
with chains and it will soon become the burden it never
was in life.
Take my hand, set yourself free to live and love, don't
defile your love and let it become ugly.
Set yourself free, stop isolating, talk, I will always
listen and hear your heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Shackled by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Gun, Rage'n Curtis
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Choice, Edith Nesbit
Poem of the Day
- My First Poem, Emelita C. Smith
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.