RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Watching you walk down a pathway of darkness, creating a
prison for yourself, that I will not let you live in.
Wanting you only to be free and independent, not strapped
down by sorrow.
There are no rules to grief, you are thinking too much
under covers of loneliness, I too, do the same thing at
times, so I know.
Thinking and remembering as much as you'd like, but you
must be free to do it and right now you are shackled like
It's making your love be filled with only emptiness and
You need to be free of those things in order to celebrate
the love and life you had together.
The way you are going is painting a picture of your love
with chains and it will soon become the burden it never
was in life.
Take my hand, set yourself free to live and love, don't
defile your love and let it become ugly.
Set yourself free, stop isolating, talk, I will always
listen and hear your heart.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Shackled by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Divorce, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(4 February 1900 – 11 April 1977)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)