RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Watching you walk down a pathway of darkness, creating a
prison for yourself, that I will not let you live in.
Wanting you only to be free and independent, not strapped
down by sorrow.
There are no rules to grief, you are thinking too much
under covers of loneliness, I too, do the same thing at
times, so I know.
Thinking and remembering as much as you'd like, but you
must be free to do it and right now you are shackled like
It's making your love be filled with only emptiness and
You need to be free of those things in order to celebrate
the love and life you had together.
The way you are going is painting a picture of your love
with chains and it will soon become the burden it never
was in life.
Take my hand, set yourself free to live and love, don't
defile your love and let it become ugly.
Set yourself free, stop isolating, talk, I will always
listen and hear your heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Shackled by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Mother's Loneliness, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- God ia not all macho, kalemeera collins
- My mom, Meenakshi Hariharan
- 2006 Tsunami, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham