How do you come to us covered with ashes..? !
How do you come, whispered to us in tears..
We who are roped to the grief..
And..then, you dance over our hearts..? !
How do you come to us..
Wearing the sandal of curiosity,
While blowing howling death in evening.
So we arrange, over the marble,
Farewell ritual of palm fronds,
Of perfume dawn..
To wash the face of grief
The ashes from September..! !
Fatima Nusairat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (September Ashes by Fatima Nusairat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Jogging OAP, Phil Soar
- The Pale Hand Of Summer Rain, Julian Mann
- It's safe there, SALINI NAIR
- Cremation to Creation, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Night Sky, Rajendra Nagdev
- fire and Ice, Clara Keiper
- Word Skinning, Ima Ryma
- Scaffold, Naveed Khalid
- Poems Without Words, Richard Autry
- The inner child, bryan wallace