Lawerence Mize, Sr.
Born in a place
that no longer exists.
Life's been a blur,
a long lonely trip.
Years flew by.
Approaching the end.
on where I've been.
Carried my heart
heavy in my chest.
Often weighed me down.
Made me want to rest.
Felt the pain
to my very core.
Held onto the love.
Always wanted more.
To many times
I lost my way.
who shared my days.
In and out
like a revolving door.
Regretted their leaving.
Fought to fight
demons in my brain.
The paranoid anxiety
that built up again and again.
So now I wait
for the darkness to fall.
My beating heart stopped
will tell me that's all.
Lawerence Mize, Sr.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Regrets by Lawerence Mize, Sr. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR