Lawerence Mize, Sr.
Born in a place
that no longer exists.
Life's been a blur,
a long lonely trip.
Years flew by.
Approaching the end.
on where I've been.
Carried my heart
heavy in my chest.
Often weighed me down.
Made me want to rest.
Felt the pain
to my very core.
Held onto the love.
Always wanted more.
To many times
I lost my way.
who shared my days.
In and out
like a revolving door.
Regretted their leaving.
Fought to fight
demons in my brain.
The paranoid anxiety
that built up again and again.
So now I wait
for the darkness to fall.
My beating heart stopped
will tell me that's all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Regrets by Lawerence Mize, Sr. )
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Remaining In The Shadows, brandy taffner
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)