Sky opens his cloudy gates
And rain drops slip
Like a little child running to
Seek the world of thrill
As soon as mother slides
The back yard door wide.
Little water bubbles
Float in small puddles
Jump on concrete floor
A show of dancing manikins
Cheering their birth and demise
In a moment of flowing time.
Soothing is rain
For a heart laden with pain
Water streaming in a rhythm
At par with theatrical manikins
subdues my chattering mind
In a calm silence.
Rain stops and clouds move out
Leaving the earth wet and fresh
Sun shines on ivory rose petals
A tiny rain drop flinches
Fights a loosing battle
It's blissful existence
Vanishes in front of my eyes
To become a nebula in amber sky.
Southern breeze shakes the rose bush
The little rain drops slip and slide
Playing the last game of their lives
I put my palm under a leaf
To catch one shivering petrified drop
My love lick becomes a kiss of death
The icy form disappears on my lips.
The cool touch stays with me
Sensitizing my inner being
Some day the little rain drop
Will return to float in my eye
As a warm tear drop to cure my blight.
Savita Tyagi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain Drops by Savita Tyagi )
Did you read them?
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI