R.Rozhdestvensky, There lives a town... - transl. (rus.)
The town of childhood
By Robert Rozhdestvensky
There lives a town, light as a dream,
Covered with mud which flows like a stream.
Water in river just looks like a glass.
There is the town where we feel so far -
Our childhood forever there had passed.
One night from house I shall hurry on
To railway station to buy a ticket form.
May it would be once in million years:
'Please, give me ticket to chilhood, whereas...'
And the cashier tells me: 'Tickets no.'
What could I answer for these words, my friend?
Where can I find other way to child's land?
May be the only and righteous way -
Is recollection in mind for today.
Fairies live here, playing with winds.
We fly together to the glorious dreams...
Pine-trees - to heaven, and houses - to sun -
Generous world, that suggested that for us.
And softly Winter with cold and snow passed...
This distant song grew weak for today,
Cosy city - thank you for this play.
We wouldn't come, don't try to expect.
We've grown elder and like the other ways.
Please, just forgive us. Entrust us. Farewell.
The popular lyrical song
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (R.Rozhdestvensky, There lives a town... - transl. (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)