It was a blissful moment full of fantasies,
It was a seductive painting in a gallery,
It was a joyous season filled with a warm embrace.
They turn out to be treachery in the finest coat,
A deceptive pleasure in the embodiment of a gem
It sounded pleasing to the eyes of many,
And perhaps soothing to the ears of all
It was a tragic pain turned inside out.
A lost soul searching for rescue in the wilderness
Reading through the mind of the wind,
Strife and confusion had blinded my vision.
Anxiety and loneliness had crowded the dreams of my youth.
'Scornfulness is a rationale of emptiness in thought
And a division of loneliness in sight.'
It raged over my soul and left a scare in my heart.
Who can rescue my perishing soul and to give
Comfort to my deterring dreams?
Well! I lifted up eyes and cried unto the Lord
The perfection of a beauty is found on the inside,
And the enlightenment of its peace is on the outside.
Looking all around the clock, couldn't find any.
Probing under the eyes of the sun was to no avail.
Knocking at the heart of the moon was fears of nights.
Travelled across the borders of many nations,
Falling under the traps of the wicked one along the way
Fighting for survival in the battle of choices,
Prayer was not enough to bring me eternal joy.
Felt like giving up, but a little hope was left to gain.
After all the mischief, disappointment, wandering and.....ahh
I felt the heartbeat of a perfect match around me.
Turned & turned but there was no one in sight.
Heard the footsteps of a nightingale diadem
Who could this be at this crucial time
Searched but was a blasphemy to my ears.
Sat under my confused fear and all of sudden
Like thundering and lighting giving sounds of hope.
From afar.....it was a silent and peaceful cry for love
A perfect and loving whisper from crystal water
My heart was relieved, my soul was comforted and
My spirit was filled with joy, when i heard the silent
And perfect whisper from my Beloved.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Perfect Whisper by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan