Sharon Jane Lansbury
Ooops Sorry! My Mistake!
Whilst in my garden, I could hear
a noisy sobbing sound quite near.
Investigation proved my fears
A creature crying many tears!
‘Why so unhappy, little bug? ’
I gave him just the smallest hug.
‘You don’t know what it’s like for me
to be a stripeless Bumble Bee! ’
‘Now cheer yourself, do stop those gripes!
I’ve just the thing for missing stripes! ’
I pulled a crayon from my case
Which put a smile upon his face.
I painted stripes in latitude
But met with some ingratitude:
He got quite cross, I thought him fickle
(or possibly the crayon tickled?)
But that was not the half of it!
Sometimes I really am a twit.
I retreated, scarce myself to make,
for I’d painted blue stripes, by mistake.
Sharon Jane Lansbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ooops Sorry! My Mistake! by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
- Mental Fixity, Abhinav Baruah
- The Ballad of the 'Clampherdown', Banjo Paterson
- Window of the soul, Arthur Carman
- A Keeping Of Their Protected Delusions, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Lion, Nicholas Vachel Lindsay
- discomfiture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Broken Lullabies, Spiritwind Wood
- For simple reaction, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)