Sharon Jane Lansbury
Ooops Sorry! My Mistake!
Whilst in my garden, I could hear
a noisy sobbing sound quite near.
Investigation proved my fears
A creature crying many tears!
‘Why so unhappy, little bug? ’
I gave him just the smallest hug.
‘You don’t know what it’s like for me
to be a stripeless Bumble Bee! ’
‘Now cheer yourself, do stop those gripes!
I’ve just the thing for missing stripes! ’
I pulled a crayon from my case
Which put a smile upon his face.
I painted stripes in latitude
But met with some ingratitude:
He got quite cross, I thought him fickle
(or possibly the crayon tickled?)
But that was not the half of it!
Sometimes I really am a twit.
I retreated, scarce myself to make,
for I’d painted blue stripes, by mistake.
Sharon Jane Lansbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ooops Sorry! My Mistake! by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sir Walter Scott
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe