Sharon Jane Lansbury
Ooops Sorry! My Mistake!
Whilst in my garden, I could hear
a noisy sobbing sound quite near.
Investigation proved my fears
A creature crying many tears!
‘Why so unhappy, little bug? ’
I gave him just the smallest hug.
‘You don’t know what it’s like for me
to be a stripeless Bumble Bee! ’
‘Now cheer yourself, do stop those gripes!
I’ve just the thing for missing stripes! ’
I pulled a crayon from my case
Which put a smile upon his face.
I painted stripes in latitude
But met with some ingratitude:
He got quite cross, I thought him fickle
(or possibly the crayon tickled?)
But that was not the half of it!
Sometimes I really am a twit.
I retreated, scarce myself to make,
for I’d painted blue stripes, by mistake.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ooops Sorry! My Mistake! by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra