Sharon Jane Lansbury
A Gruesome Discovery!
Great Aunt Ant Augusta
had been missing for a week.
Inspector Fly said, ‘sorry, but
the outlook’s lookin’ bleak!
It’s not that I would worry you,
or pessimism choose,
but when a Great Aunt disappears,
it usually means bad news.
I’ll have to take some details,
(more than I took last week) .’
The inspector opened out his book,
a tear rolled down his cheek.
Then Great Aunt Ant Augusta’s niece,
(a child named Prudence-Alice) ,
staring at the fly’s notebook
said with certain malice:
‘Look there! All squashed and flattened out!
No spirit can she muster! ’
And there upon last Tuesday’s page
Was Great Aunt Ant Augusta!
Sharon Jane Lansbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gruesome Discovery! by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner
- Courage, Jenn Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jenn Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jenn Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jenn Toner