Sharon Jane Lansbury
Kind and Useful Slugs
Henrietta said to me:
‘I am a warm and cosy bee -
whereas I used to say to you
that icy wind blows in and through
The holes within my doors and walls
as soon as Wintertime befalls,
I’m pleased to say I’ve found some plugs
in some very kindly slugs!
I know it sounds a bit ridiculous
but when arranged in perpendiculous,
I thought that maybe, just perhaps
these creatures might fill all the gaps!
It’s working well, I’m pleased as punch!
And every day they get free lunch,
so we’re a happy honeycomb
Snug within our draftless home!
I do declare, make no excuses:
Even slugs can have their uses! ’
Sharon Jane Lansbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kind and Useful Slugs by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass
- silence, Marshall Gass
- Trauma, Marshall Gass
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry