Sharon Jane Lansbury
Lucy Dora Stuck in Flora
A silly bug called Lucy Dora
tripped and fell into some Flora.
Apparently, she bumped her head
when landing on the slice of bread.
She wobbled to and fro and muttered
‘unlucky that this bread was buttered! ’
Lucy Dora went round the bend
and came upon a sticky end!
As just before a slice of ham
there came a layer of raspberry jam,
on top, a smattering of grated cheese
what a mixture, if you please!
Then on top, a second slice -
Lucy Dora tasted nice!
For a humble bug, a grand finale:
Eaten by a boy called Charlie.
Sharon Jane Lansbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lucy Dora Stuck in Flora by Sharon Jane Lansbury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Do what is fair, gajanan mishra
- Be aware of rules, gajanan mishra
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz