Not A Lullaby
I need a lullaby
to smooth my mind
when I'm too afraid
to close my eyes
But the only one
that dances through my brain
is her lullaby
that drowns my soothing rain.
I need some rhymes
to calm me down
while thinking of
what have I done.
Oh, what have I done?
Nothing at all
Its just my inner soul
making me fall
I don't wanna eat
Im just staring at my plate
And thinking I don't deserve
Anything I have.
I'm making myself do
What I don't really want
And in the same time
Im breaking our bond
Those cliché lines
'Its me, not you'
making me cry
and laugh loud, too.
I feel like psycho
between two walls
I hear voices
and follow all the calls
I can't resist
her sweet lullabies.
Her jail is thin
I hear all her cries
I can't resist
she's breaking throught
making me reapeat
'Its me, not you.'
Marketa Richnavska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The 'SHE' I am referring to in this poem is my so-called other part which tempted me to cheat on him and even though I didnt do that, I knew my mind was trying to tell me that I need a change and that the fact I am attracted to somebody else means that the man I was with does not make me happy enough. He was amazing, but I needed to move on.
Comments about this poem (Not A Lullaby by Marketa Richnavska )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai
- My last regret, Eliza Clair
- My Hometown Today, Dr Ronnie Bai
- Half ajar, Mark Heathcote
- Driftwood (II), Dr Ronnie Bai
- Indian Egnlish, Where Is It? Who The Spe.., Bijay Kant Dubey