How am I supposed
not to want to live fully
when everything I hear from you
since I was a child is
that time passes by so fast
and I grow old so quickly?
How am I supposed to be
someone who has no liberty
when from everywhere I look I see
people passing by and by
forgetting all of their past
feeling it only briefly?
They wish to forget everything
that scarred their little hearts
but none of them remembers that
all those things had helped them to
reach every happy thing
that passed their funny lives.
You know somewhere deep within
that what you lived through
had helpd you in
to eẃhere you keep standing now
and helps to you all your luck bring
helps you handle all the strives.
That in the end even dark is bright...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem represents my need for independance from my family when deciding on how to live fully and WHEN to do it. I am young only once, then the responsibilities will come and I will grow upand old and I want to remember as much as I can from years that pass so fast...
Comments about this poem (Passing By by Marketa Richnavska )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Can Love Save The World?, Ronald Chapman
- Brand New Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Good-bye Windows XP, Roy Blokker
- Realy enjoying THAT 'last slice' - OF B.., sEaN nOrTh
- Brain Freeze, Ronald Chapman
- Writers block in July, Matthew Holloway
- Birds Flying High, Ronald Chapman
- August 1914, John F. McCullagh
- Between the Lines (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Quiet Pretty Flower, White Lily