How am I supposed
not to want to live fully
when everything I hear from you
since I was a child is
that time passes by so fast
and I grow old so quickly?
How am I supposed to be
someone who has no liberty
when from everywhere I look I see
people passing by and by
forgetting all of their past
feeling it only briefly?
They wish to forget everything
that scarred their little hearts
but none of them remembers that
all those things had helped them to
reach every happy thing
that passed their funny lives.
You know somewhere deep within
that what you lived through
had helpd you in
to eẃhere you keep standing now
and helps to you all your luck bring
helps you handle all the strives.
That in the end even dark is bright...
Marketa Richnavska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem represents my need for independance from my family when deciding on how to live fully and WHEN to do it. I am young only once, then the responsibilities will come and I will grow upand old and I want to remember as much as I can from years that pass so fast...
Comments about this poem (Passing By by Marketa Richnavska )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns