My Little Sister
A forever friend,
A thoughtful listener,
A compassionate girl.
What more can I ask for?
My little sister,
Hides her identity behind alias after alias,
She keeps quiet outside;
Yet animals see through her shyness.
My dear, darling, little sister,
She feels only at home with animals.
Even the slightest mistake gets her embarrassed.
Yet she has a way with Nature.
Ebony black hair,
Blazing hazel eyes,
And a China-doll face.
Her heart though; is her true virtue.
She buries herself in her books,
Spends hours with her best friend: the violin.
She sees through the eyes of animals,
Yet still manages to keep her grades high.
She may be shy.
She may make mistakes occasionally;
But I love her,
No matter what.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Little Sister by Cassandra Jasmine )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Church Street Bomb blast, Gert Strydom
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Darling Dare, katusiime jeresi
- That And This, Indira Renganathan
- Florette's Woods, Nika McGuin
- Merger, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Naat-Zaufishan Nabi Hayn, Akhtar Jawad
- Extension, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Of the old church, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Who will sit when bound to lose?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Jewelry of the heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My throat sings not more, Emmanuel George Cefai