Tarrakkul the Gazzele
My Life, I Lay You Down
the moment before you departed
your crystal eyes
wrapped in golden lashes
oh you looked me,
you were smiling
tears of liquid love fell from your face to mine,
wrapped in each other's arms,
I still feel my head upon your chest,
the rising and falling of your breath,
your soft beard resting on my forehead.
I watched you embrace my father,
and fade in to the distance.
I wept, walking the empty streets before dawn.
My sister wept with me.
You flew across the skies,
tears brought sleep,
you dreamt of me,
of the love we have.
Knives to our hearts,
the people must live,
so our together must die.
Willing, thought it breaks us,
to sacrifice all, that the people may be free.
Your's in your land, mine in mine.
So it seems,
love sacrificed for love,
love made perfect in sacrifice.......
Tarrakkul the Gazzele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I would encourage you to test your love.
Comments about this poem (My Life, I Lay You Down by Tarrakkul the Gazzele )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- "Twist these Big Tits Purple", Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -66, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stories Are Created, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- When Fresh Fish Fails, Richard Thripp
- center, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -65, Ronjoy Brahma
- Im sorry mom, claudia Fernandez
- Witless Innocence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sitters And Their Dreams, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- There Is Nothing I Can Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar