Tarrakkul the Gazzele
My Life, I Lay You Down
the moment before you departed
your crystal eyes
wrapped in golden lashes
oh you looked me,
you were smiling
tears of liquid love fell from your face to mine,
wrapped in each other's arms,
I still feel my head upon your chest,
the rising and falling of your breath,
your soft beard resting on my forehead.
I watched you embrace my father,
and fade in to the distance.
I wept, walking the empty streets before dawn.
My sister wept with me.
You flew across the skies,
tears brought sleep,
you dreamt of me,
of the love we have.
Knives to our hearts,
the people must live,
so our together must die.
Willing, thought it breaks us,
to sacrifice all, that the people may be free.
Your's in your land, mine in mine.
So it seems,
love sacrificed for love,
love made perfect in sacrifice.......
Tarrakkul the Gazzele's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I would encourage you to test your love.
Comments about this poem (My Life, I Lay You Down by Tarrakkul the Gazzele )
- Sign of the Cross, Emmanuel George Cefai
- You That these verses read, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To Beauty added - dilution, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Chords, Yohan Confectioner
- In to small syllables, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Live For You, Naveed Akram
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Many people, hasmukh amathalal
- Life is funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- America the Beautiful, oskar hansen
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)