M.D Dinesh Nair
MY ILLUSIONS HAVE TO GO...
I first see a smiling face somewhere
But as I go near to see it close,
It fades out in no time!
I then see a caring hand very close
But as I wait for its touch,
It too reaches me not however long I wait.
I later hear a sweet mouth speaking very near too
But as I begin to heed it well,
It transforms itself into a wail.
I have illusions perhaps, I think.
I see a frail flock of men and women
Climbing a hill that stretches unto the sky!
Nay, it was a peak of things unknown and unseen.
They have smiling faces and caring hands
And they speak sweet words and dream high.
They have no illusions, I begin to learn.
Down below the plains of eerie silence
I have to one day begin to search
For myself partly now fading out and dying!
I have to rethink for a while.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY ILLUSIONS HAVE TO GO... by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A NEW POEM TO HER, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Transition of Love, Peter LeBuhn
- Falling In Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Please, Sandra Feldman
- Falling, Ronald Chapman
- A New York Minute, william upton
- Shamble Bit-Wise, Richard Thripp
- Expat Living In South Korea (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Moonwaters, Midnights Voice
- i found joy in a wholesale store, Mandolyn ...