M.D Dinesh Nair
MY ILLUSIONS HAVE TO GO...
I first see a smiling face somewhere
But as I go near to see it close,
It fades out in no time!
I then see a caring hand very close
But as I wait for its touch,
It too reaches me not however long I wait.
I later hear a sweet mouth speaking very near too
But as I begin to heed it well,
It transforms itself into a wail.
I have illusions perhaps, I think.
I see a frail flock of men and women
Climbing a hill that stretches unto the sky!
Nay, it was a peak of things unknown and unseen.
They have smiling faces and caring hands
And they speak sweet words and dream high.
They have no illusions, I begin to learn.
Down below the plains of eerie silence
I have to one day begin to search
For myself partly now fading out and dying!
I have to rethink for a while.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY ILLUSIONS HAVE TO GO... by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)