M.D Dinesh Nair
MY DONKEY HAS TO KEEP QUIET
My donkey can speak and he has forgotten to bray like others
I tell him to speak about these times
And he speaks like a god of our yesterdays.
He nods his head all the while and silences my ‘nays’
My donkey speaks about the sin and salvation,
He speaks about the quakes and storms and
They are there in his store for the rest of his species.
There is a sinister look on his face that is fierce too
My donkey looks philosophical at times, I bet
And he says he has to speak about the future too.
He now speaks about a life that sans hunger and thirst
And a life wherein an empire of eternity awaits all
A few braying donkeys walk towards my gate
He sees them and chases them out crying, ” Idiots”.
When the sun sets over my home too, I tell my donkey
To bray for a while and to sleep for the whole night
I recollect from the pages of a book long forgotten
And Snowball and Napoleon relegate into animals in uniform.
If my donkey still goes for a speech tomorrow as well
I am sure I will find a speech therapist to reverse the case.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The book forgotten is 'ANIMAL FARM 'by George Orwell
Comments about this poem (MY DONKEY HAS TO KEEP QUIET by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)