M.D Dinesh Nair
MY DONKEY HAS TO KEEP QUIET
My donkey can speak and he has forgotten to bray like others
I tell him to speak about these times
And he speaks like a god of our yesterdays.
He nods his head all the while and silences my ‘nays’
My donkey speaks about the sin and salvation,
He speaks about the quakes and storms and
They are there in his store for the rest of his species.
There is a sinister look on his face that is fierce too
My donkey looks philosophical at times, I bet
And he says he has to speak about the future too.
He now speaks about a life that sans hunger and thirst
And a life wherein an empire of eternity awaits all
A few braying donkeys walk towards my gate
He sees them and chases them out crying, ” Idiots”.
When the sun sets over my home too, I tell my donkey
To bray for a while and to sleep for the whole night
I recollect from the pages of a book long forgotten
And Snowball and Napoleon relegate into animals in uniform.
If my donkey still goes for a speech tomorrow as well
I am sure I will find a speech therapist to reverse the case.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The book forgotten is 'ANIMAL FARM 'by George Orwell
Comments about this poem (MY DONKEY HAS TO KEEP QUIET by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Unlimited Beauty, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER