With shifting wind.
Cupping the sunrise
As a thing
By your consent.
Source of waters
Greet new day’s warmth.
Arsenal of bolts
Of shocking power.
Singer of haunting
Night wind’s tunes.
There in place,
Long before the fathers.
Halting our present breath
With steep inclines,
Testing the might
Of leg and limb.
Pausing to cradle
Dwarfish alpen blossoms
Hidden thawing beauties
We look up to you
And seek understanding.
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mountain God by Doug Blair )
- Grammar School, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ephratha, Nathalie Handal
- First Sight., Bieze Josephat
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)