Doug Blair Poems
- Simon Of Cyrene I could scarce believe my ears As the Roman ...
- The Quiet Man He came to do his Father’s will, This quiet ...
- Out Of Hemingway's Cuba Oh Santiago, back again For days ...
- Green Grocer Of Rye Sure an' 'tis a grand day Me barrow ...
- Church Mouse Call me a church mouse Yep, generations of ...
- The Least Of These We love it here As the Sundays pass ...
- Mary, At Jesus' Feet I cannot beat the trails, Or trim the ...
Living in Waterloo, Ontario. Married to Hilary with 2 children Lauren and Jordan. Inspirational blogger and poet since 2008. Shipper and Health and Safety Professional in metal fab plant. Hiker. Photographer. Newsboy for Jesus. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Doug Blair
Simon Of Cyrene
I could scarce believe my ears
As the Roman soldier said:
“You there, stranger, lift that cross,
Follow Jesus, good as dead.”
I had missed the troubled crowd,
Having just come into town.
Now I pressed beneath the load,
Joined to him who wore a crown.
All around humanity,
Yet my thoughts were fixed on him.
Why the back ripped to the bone?
Why the cruel and thorny brim?
How he struggled to ascend!
How he laboured for his breath!
Yet I sensed his body strove
T’ward the hill marked for his death.
It became a strange desire ...