Doug Blair Poems
- Church Mouse Call me a church mouse Yep, generations of ...
- Simon Of Cyrene I could scarce believe my ears As the Roman ...
- Green Grocer Of Rye Sure an' 'tis a grand day Me barrow ...
- The Quiet Man He came to do his Father’s will, This quiet ...
- Out Of Hemingway's Cuba Oh Santiago, back again For days ...
- Retaliation I would see him at three thirty On the street ...
- My Slim Bark My slim bark, my slim bark Glides smoothly ...
Living in Waterloo, Ontario. Married to Hilary with 2 children Lauren and Jordan. Inspirational blogger and poet since 2008. Shipper and Health and Safety Professional in metal fab plant. Hiker. Photographer. Newsboy for Jesus. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Doug Blair
Call me a church mouse
Yep, generations of ‘em
Here, under the oaken arches
And that golden and blue glass.
Long quiet pause
Day after day
We like that
Place all to ourselves
Except for one singing woman
With a mop
And a quiet man in black
Sits on a bench with open book
Drops to his knees often
Down where we are.
Couple a’ times he near
But he didn’t know.
Seems gentle and trustworthy
Others before him
Mostly the same, my folks tell me.
…No, I ...