A faint shadow, a round lantern.
A distant sphere, posing in the sky.
As Darkness covers us in her veil,
Lights out, and good night.
But, a certain child,
Wary and fearful, yet excited the same,
Throws back her covers.
Shivering, slips daintily off her mattress.
Tiptoeing towards her window,
Throws back the curtains,
And forcing the window open.
A gentle, cool, and relieving North Wind
Washes a sense of harmony over her.
Shaking her head, she thinks of the moon:
A silver plate, shining in the sky.
She thinks of her dogs, snuggled in bed.
Her parents, discoursing downstairs.
Her brother, snoring gently next door,
And the moon; her nighttime companion.
Gazing at the moon,
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moonlight by Cassandra Jasmine )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray
- On Learning in Texas of East Coast Winte.., Bill Grace
- I'm ill, lee fones
- Goodnight My Love, Michael P. McParland