A faint shadow, a round lantern.
A distant sphere, posing in the sky.
As Darkness covers us in her veil,
Lights out, and good night.
But, a certain child,
Wary and fearful, yet excited the same,
Throws back her covers.
Shivering, slips daintily off her mattress.
Tiptoeing towards her window,
Throws back the curtains,
And forcing the window open.
A gentle, cool, and relieving North Wind
Washes a sense of harmony over her.
Shaking her head, she thinks of the moon:
A silver plate, shining in the sky.
She thinks of her dogs, snuggled in bed.
Her parents, discoursing downstairs.
Her brother, snoring gently next door,
And the moon; her nighttime companion.
Gazing at the moon,
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moonlight by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Seven Seas, Yohan Confectioner
- The Eternal Moment, Yohan Confectioner
- Drinks, Yohan Confectioner
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)