Of all the explorations
Seeked I, for joy
Could find real merry
Only in the Mighty Sword!
Many are my experiences
To jot down few
Unmet expectations to disappointment
Sturdy disappoints to discouragement.
And as a series
Discouragement prolonged to depression
Frustration is anew form of it
Thus left me in suicidal pits.
Ouch! What a fool am I?
To blind fold myself
From turning unto LORD
For HIS Abiding Grace!
Very soon; dissappointment with God
Traversed me to Godly sorrow
To repent, convict my sinfulness.
Now to win souls for my Creator!
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mighty Sword by Queeny Gona )
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)