Little King of Sorrows
Love Tones and War Drums
As bewitching hour consumes this night,
A silouette forms of shadows light.
For the dismal heart that tombs my soul,
Bitten twice shy by mornings toll.
A ghastly visit upon my lips.
The lustful sway of vampira's hips.
Pure of mind, but flesh of Adam.
A fiery seduction by Hades madam.
Set adrift by Siren's call.
Enchanting songs for men to fall.
Pearlescent gates, my destined fate.
My love was blinded, but God is great.
Maneater's destruction. Wreckage by miles.
Remnants of vessels lured in by the smiles.
Experience and radar, wouldn't let me succumb.
Her moaning by moonlight no match for this drum.
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love Tones and War Drums by Little King of Sorrows )
- I Don't Care If You Don't Like It, Michael McParland
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)