Love Like Stone
Love never came to me that night,
As I sat there, starring at the statue of Eros,
Waiting for a spark.
Evening shone out through romantic clouds,
My heart beats signed for the stars to come out.
But nothing came to me instead.
Embracing me with its somber emotion,
Filling me with what I already was.
And in my act of sorrow, I got up to leave.
I headed east, toward where I came from.
But before I was out of his sight,
I turned back to look at him once more...
And never will I forget the stone of his eyes.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Like Stone by Brenda Arroyo )
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)