Love Like Stone
Love never came to me that night,
As I sat there, starring at the statue of Eros,
Waiting for a spark.
Evening shone out through romantic clouds,
My heart beats signed for the stars to come out.
But nothing came to me instead.
Embracing me with its somber emotion,
Filling me with what I already was.
And in my act of sorrow, I got up to leave.
I headed east, toward where I came from.
But before I was out of his sight,
I turned back to look at him once more...
And never will I forget the stone of his eyes.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Like Stone by Brenda Arroyo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK