Love Like Stone
Love never came to me that night,
As I sat there, starring at the statue of Eros,
Waiting for a spark.
Evening shone out through romantic clouds,
My heart beats signed for the stars to come out.
But nothing came to me instead.
Embracing me with its somber emotion,
Filling me with what I already was.
And in my act of sorrow, I got up to leave.
I headed east, toward where I came from.
But before I was out of his sight,
I turned back to look at him once more...
And never will I forget the stone of his eyes.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Like Stone by Brenda Arroyo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque