Love Like Stone
Love never came to me that night,
As I sat there, starring at the statue of Eros,
Waiting for a spark.
Evening shone out through romantic clouds,
My heart beats signed for the stars to come out.
But nothing came to me instead.
Embracing me with its somber emotion,
Filling me with what I already was.
And in my act of sorrow, I got up to leave.
I headed east, toward where I came from.
But before I was out of his sight,
I turned back to look at him once more...
And never will I forget the stone of his eyes.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Like Stone by Brenda Arroyo )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Amtrak from Boston to New York City, Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)