LILIES OF THE VALLEY
Lilies of the valley
your scent is in the air.
I breathe you in
and remember where
the beauty of you lies.
How is it one small white bloom
can make the air so sweet?
The shade caresses your perfume.
You're magnificent, yet petite.
I wait for your arrival
on an early summer day.
I purposely visit where you've grown
to inhale your sweet bouquet.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LILIES OF THE VALLEY by Edwina Reizer )
- Wade Seego Believes Soylent Green Is Peo.., R. T. Smith
- Twang Chic: Sam Buckhannon Explores the .., R. T. Smith
- The Phyllis, R. T. Smith
- Sheriff Matt Whitlock Confesses to a Les.., R. T. Smith
- Let a wife, gajanan mishra
- CRACK, Shannon Strauss
- Wise Ones Have Said, Naveed Akram
- LOFTY PERSON, Shannon Strauss
- U-Turn., Achill Ladd
- Scavenging the Wall, R. T. Smith
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)