The sunlight pushes itself out to rise against the sky,
so to the night I've grown so fond, i must sadly say goodbye.
the daylight comes and rips away the solemnity of night,
the revelation its accompanied by i always try to fight.
the revelation that my true colors shine in the glowing light of day,
the hold of daylight shows my scars, its grip i cannot sway.
the truth that come with daylight causes my very heart to chafe,
the nights my only friend now, and the only place i'm safe.
norman ayres's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Light by norman ayres )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov