Life is precious
A gem on the sands of shores.
Though often treated as if it matters little.
Life is the beauty of the world.
As a rose, it blooms in season.
Hides in it the souls of all reasons.
Life is the sun it comes and then goes
Each life adds something new
Good or bad is what we make of it.
Life is worth living.
Sometimes worth dying for-
but never in life you throw away.
Each life must be treasured its very natural end.
copyright © 2012
Godfrey Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by Godfrey Morris )
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Liffy Liu
- Merciful and kind, hasmukh amathalal
- Achilles Awaking, Louis Borgo
- Escape to free, Liffy Liu
- Am I the sun?, gajanan mishra
- Money Or Value, Louis Borgo
- Peace be unto you!, gajanan mishra
- No road sense, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)