Albert Ahearn Poems
- 财 富 比 ...
- 911 Our hearts cleaved that horrific day. The early morning ...
- Splendor In The Grass Come; lie with me in the grass Of ...
- Post Apocalypse I walk alone, bewildered, scared to death. I...
- Fire And Ice If snowflakes set aflame the ground They touch ...
- Greenhouse Gas (Triolet) The features of the Triolet are: ·...
- Maple Leaf I watched a maple leaf’s descent to ground. It’s ...
I am a rogue poet that rarely follows traditional poetic form. I write for my own pleasure only, not for consensus. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''The closer one nears perfection the more critical the audience.''Albert Ahearn
''When young we create our today'sAlbert Ahearn
into yesterdays memories
reserved for our old tomorrows.''
''Lasting love in marriage todayAlbert Ahearn
is almost as rare as finding
skirts in Ellen DeGeneres's trousseau.''
''Discretion is the essence of safety.''Albert Ahearn
''Pound sterling can buy a medley of pleasures but never a farthing of felicity.''Albert Ahearn
Comments about Albert Ahearn
财 富 比 您 认 为 快 将 来
A fortune cookie changed my life.
I suggest that you wipe the smiles
From your faces my skeptic friends.
It’s true and attributable
To that tasteless of all cookies
The one that they present to you
With the tab after you’re finished
Eating their fine Chinese cuisine.
I broke it in two exposing
The faux message on the paper:
Wealth will come sooner than you think.
After leaving the restaurant
I purchased from a grocery
Store just a few shops up the block
Just one six-digit lottery.
The following lucky Wednesday
All six numbers were drawn that ...