财 富 比 您 认 为 快 将 来
A fortune cookie changed my life.
I suggest that you wipe the smiles
From your faces my skeptic friends.
It’s true and attributable
To that tasteless of all cookies
The one that they present to you
With the tab after you’re finished
Eating their fine Chinese cuisine.
I broke it in two exposing
The faux message on the paper:
Wealth will come sooner than you think.
After leaving the restaurant
I purchased from a grocery
Store just a few shops up the block
Just one six-digit lottery.
The following lucky Wednesday
All six numbers were drawn that night.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (财 富 比 您 认 为 快 将 来 by Albert Ahearn )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath