Godfrey Morris Poems
- Seek And Find Life hides secrets to find Seek its truths ...
- I Stand Though hatred rages against this noble heart With ...
- Why I Write? My child you ask me why And so I give a sure ...
- Hold On - Be Strong There stands a tree! That dogged ...
- Gentleness The price to be gentle is sometimes steep And ...
- Life Life is precious A gem on the sands of shores.
- Today's Wisdom As I look at life's closed hour-glass Of ...
My name is Godfrey George Morris. I am a teacher by profession. I love to explore my world with verse, to make my imaginable expressions, brought to life. This I try to do by breathing life into words and live vicariously through them.
It is my ambition to become an authentic poet. I am most influenced by the works of William Shakespeare, who was such a genius. I Also like the works of... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''love is the most powerful weapon we havehumanity
but will we ever us it''
''Time is one of life mostLife
One that is needed to
Find the true self''
''We must not live only forLife
For while we live
Others die for us
''We don't live in a perfect worldPerfection
But we can strive to claim
Our own perfection.''
Seek And Find
Life hides secrets to find
Seek its truths and be refined
Life's safari reveals a map
an eluded path, go fill the gap
To survive the curse of old Adam's sin
follow truth, and be cleansed a thousand times within
thus to it do trust
In safe-guard winds in it do thrust
Search for this peace and be at ease
never let rest until life cease
Seek life's truth and you will find
a glorious ever state of mind
Copyright © 2012