Lennon: The Nowhere Man
Amidst the crazy screaming fans
Of rebellious youths of yesteryears
And swarms of press and media crazed hounds
Were four lads across the pond.
Their fearless leader, now some might debate,
Known best as simply Lennon
An inner poet, his depth beyond reach
A true brilliance in the world of lyrics.
The man most famous for writing songs
From Please Please Me to Help!
From Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and more
This man knew the meaning of art.
And then post Beatles he did not rest
His passion never dying
Writing out songs of peace and love
A topic he held so dear.
It seemed that his life was doing grand
That nothing would halt the path
Yet tragedy seemed to bring its nasty self
It always does somehow.
He claimed he was the Nowhere Man
Not knowing where his future would lead
Yet the adoration he gets from generations to come
Prove Lennon was going and gone somewhere.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lennon: The Nowhere Man by Genevieve Pilat )
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar