Lennon: The Nowhere Man
Amidst the crazy screaming fans
Of rebellious youths of yesteryears
And swarms of press and media crazed hounds
Were four lads across the pond.
Their fearless leader, now some might debate,
Known best as simply Lennon
An inner poet, his depth beyond reach
A true brilliance in the world of lyrics.
The man most famous for writing songs
From Please Please Me to Help!
From Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and more
This man knew the meaning of art.
And then post Beatles he did not rest
His passion never dying
Writing out songs of peace and love
A topic he held so dear.
It seemed that his life was doing grand
That nothing would halt the path
Yet tragedy seemed to bring its nasty self
It always does somehow.
He claimed he was the Nowhere Man
Not knowing where his future would lead
Yet the adoration he gets from generations to come
Prove Lennon was going and gone somewhere.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lennon: The Nowhere Man by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- I don't sleep, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- First Visit to the Old Port, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta