Lennon: The Nowhere Man
Amidst the crazy screaming fans
Of rebellious youths of yesteryears
And swarms of press and media crazed hounds
Were four lads across the pond.
Their fearless leader, now some might debate,
Known best as simply Lennon
An inner poet, his depth beyond reach
A true brilliance in the world of lyrics.
The man most famous for writing songs
From Please Please Me to Help!
From Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and more
This man knew the meaning of art.
And then post Beatles he did not rest
His passion never dying
Writing out songs of peace and love
A topic he held so dear.
It seemed that his life was doing grand
That nothing would halt the path
Yet tragedy seemed to bring its nasty self
It always does somehow.
He claimed he was the Nowhere Man
Not knowing where his future would lead
Yet the adoration he gets from generations to come
Prove Lennon was going and gone somewhere.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lennon: The Nowhere Man by Genevieve Pilat )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray