Lei (popular poetry, however, suggestions are invited)
Do not let me roll down on the dust
People will kick or pick me
You will lose your respect
Pull me up
I am the most eligible
To embellish you neck.
Whom you tie tight to a post
Slowly fading away
Let me roll
I shall never gather moss
I am the most worthy to be your necklace
Let me get the wind and light
The bud in me will bloom
Behold the glory
Weave me in a
I surely magnify your beauty
I am the most in the running to be your jewelry
The precious bird in your golden cage
Forgetting how to fly
Let me go far away
Must be chanted to enhance your hauteur
I am the most in line for singing your glamour.
Copyright @abdul wahab 4th November 2012
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (***Lei by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai